smtp

david at dacoto.com david at dacoto.com
Tue Jan 21 17:13:55 CST 2003

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> Dave, we can't help you unless you tell us what settings you're using for
> outbound smtp.  It could be anything from a relaying problem to a DNS
> problem.

Jonathan, here is the skinny on my setup. I am using Mandrake Linux, no
servers installed except
sshd. Everything else is just a basic desktop install. I have more
specifics on the problem though.
I can send messages all day long as root but nothing as a user, using
mozilla mail, my mail client
works on all other machines here with the exact same settings as user.
Not sure if this is enough info, let
me know what other info I need to provide.

Dave