Is this claim true, or not?

JARiley at dstsystems.com JARiley at dstsystems.com
Tue Jan 21 14:10:03 CST 2003

Here's my non-biased opinion on the matter:  They are both better than
DIAL-UP!!!

Good luck.

                    Seth Dimbert
                    <s.dimbert at fhmr.com>         To:     KcLUG <kclug at kclug.org>
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    owner-kclug at marauder.i       Subject:     Is this claim true, or not?
                    lliana.net

                    01/19/2003 01:23 PM

>From Time Warner (Road Runner)'s website:

Question:
Will my cable Internet connection slow down as more users take the service?

Answer:
No. Our competitors would like you to think so. Because of the scalable
features of Time Warner Cable's hybrid fiber coax (HFC) design, we have
nearly-infinite growth capacity. Today, our high-speed Internet services
use
just 6 megahertz of our 750 megahertz coax plant. In addition, we are only
using 1600 fibers of the 4800 fiber optic lines we have run throughout
Kansas City - the rest is "dark," awaiting future needs. Click here for
more
information.

So? What's the deal? Is it true, or not? I'm currently using DSL and
getting
162 kbp download and 105 kbp upload. TWC tells me that they will give me
speeds higher than this. Once and for all, is it true?

-SD