On my way to KC... a little help?

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Thu Jan 16 15:46:32 CST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Jim Herrmann wrote:

> If you are going to work in Kansas, do not live in Kansas City Missouri,
> because they have a 1% payroll tax that they take if you live there, or
> if you work there.  I work downtown, so I pay the 1%.  It pisses me off.
>  There are other municipalities on the MO side, where you would not have
> the KCMO city tax, but they would all be farther away from Lenexa.
>
> I'd be interested in hearing other's opinions on your question.

I live in KC (midtown), and work in Kansas.  My wife and I love our house
and neighborhood, so the 1% tax doesn't bother me.  Once we have a kid we
face the choice of finding (and funding) a private school, moving to
Kansas, or home schooling.  I don't consider the KCMO school district an
option.

>From what I understand the Blue Valley school district (southern Johnson
county) is one of the top 5 in the nation.  The DeSoto district is
supposed to be pretty good, too.