On my way to KC... a little help?

John O'Brien obrien.john60 at itazuke.org
Thu Jan 16 15:04:11 CST 2003

> I work in Lenexa, though I live in Independence, MO.  I drive 25 miles
> to work every morning through downtown and drive another 25 miles home
> I wouldn't recommend living in Independence (or as we locals like to
> say, "Meth"dependence).  Blue Springs and Lee's Summit are great
> communities on the Missouri side if you don't mind the commute.

Brad's right about Independence; It has some nice areas though.  I live in
Blue Springs and faced pretty much the same dilema as you 25 years ago
when AT&T move me to KC.  I chose Blue Springs for the schools and
property values as well as easy commute to most areas in the city.
For a few years they moved the datacenter out to Overland Park which is
just about 5 minutes closer to Blue Springs than Lenexa.  It's not a bad
commute, 1/2 hour or so.  It's getting better since they have been
developing
the area that was hanging up traffic so bad (Grandview triange where
I-435, I470 and state route 71 converge).  So if you don't mind the drive
Blue Springs is nice and it's right next door to Independence which, If you
are
Mormon (I've got a 70% chance of being right-) is a historic place to visit.

>From Blue Springs I can get to downtown KC in about 20 minutes.(non-rush
hour)
but usually the rush hour isn't all that bad.
John