So it begins..

Jared Smith jared at trios.org
Tue Jan 14 23:26:52 CST 2003

I'm from Missouri on your ability to speak for Logitech. If you want me
to believe you, show me a letter written on Logitech letterhead which
supports your allegation. Otherwise, I'll believe Logitech intended one
person to each mouse.

>It's a marketing thing - the more product they're able to get on
>people's desktops, the more they'll be able to sell, once the people who
>have them see the quality of the product, they'll go BUY more Logitech
>products - mice and keyboards, joysticks, etc...
>
>Logitech doesn't care who 'takes' them, they just want their product out
>there - they're taking the first step, instead of waiting for the
>consumer to shell out $50 for it themselves.

Ethics is not preached; it can only be explained. I am sorry you feel I
am preaching, but that is not a valid reason for me to stop. If you are not
here to learn about ethics, perhaps you might be interested to know more
about the nature of Linux: Linux, by being free, has at its core an
unextinguishable thread discussing ethics.

-Jared