Public Thank-You

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Wed Jan 8 15:47:56 CST 2003

Jared's last e-mail on the matter said:

"In the end, I deleted the entire mysql data directory and ran
mysql_install_db which repopulates the directory. Then I was finally able to
login to mysql as root and begin working. For some reason, reinstalling
MySQL was -not- reinstalling the default databases."

I am not sure why MySQL was behaving as it was, but it's hunky-dory now!

-SD