Amanda backup routine

Brad Crotchett brad at ispn.net
Wed Jan 8 15:32:57 CST 2003

Would it be possible to configure amanda to do the following:?

Run a full backup, or at least fully backup the directories that change
daily on Server1

Then restore the backup from Server1 to Server2 each night?

This way if server1 crashes, server2 can come online and not be more
than 24 hours outdated with respect to server1.  I am just wondering how
to tell amanda to use the tape from one amanda config to be used in the
restore of another amanda config.  I am sure amanda's db is going to say
that this is the wrong tape.  Maybe I can use a flag that forces amanda
to use the specified tape?  Or maybe there is a way to do this with one
amanda config?

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad