Customizing Mozilla Mail

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Tue Jan 7 16:54:40 CST 2003

I would like to add a keyboard shortcut to Mozilla mail, but am getting
very confused as to how to go about this.

Digging through the docs I could find on the Mozilla site quickly led me
to searching through lots of uncompressed java .js and .jar files
looking for cmd_ entry points, which didn't seem to have much to do with
defining hot keys, and I wasn't able to find a "move-to-folder" command.

What I want to be able to do is press a key and have an e-mail moved
into a pre-defined "spam" folder (just a local folder labeled "SPAM".  I
have historically just hit the "del" key to send spams to the
bit-bucket, but am getting bogo-filter setup, so I want to be able to
run any actual spam through bogo-filter for training.

It seems like this should be easy...am I missing something obvious, or
is changing the Mozilla UI really as hard as it appears to be?

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net