Dual monitors, Dual users?

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Wed Jan 1 19:25:02 CST 2003

Dale wrote:
> I run dual monitors on my linux system.  Currently
> have the second monitor setup to be a extension of the
> first, although originally it was a seperate desktop
> all together..

Anyone know if I can setup a dual-monitor system as two distinct
"console" ports?  In other words, with my dual-head graphics card, can I
connect 2 KB & 2 Mice, and let two users (myself and my wife) log in at
the same time?  The two seperate desktops described above sounds pretty
close...

This would be totally cool, and prevent me from having to put together
another computer system to replace my wife's ailing PC.  Saddly, I'm
still waiting on a couple parts for the new system, so I can't directly
test any dual-monitor stuff yet. :<

So...can linux be "two-two-two PC's in one", or is that a feature
limited to breath-mints?!?

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net

P.S.  Yes, I know I can create multiple users, and have my wife use my
machine, but she winds up wanting to surf the 'net when I'm using my PC
(probably because I'm using my PC *ALL* the time :), so that's not a
viable solution.