Dual monitors, and VMware

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Jan 1 17:26:21 CST 2003

At 02:50 AM 1/1/03 -0800, you wrote:
>I have had experience with VMware.  However, I only ran it inside a smaller
>window on my KDE desktop so I wouldn't know if you could use dual monitors
>or not.  I found in my experience that seeing how you are running virtually
>a second computer in the same system, my computer slowed down excessively,
>to the point where I could do almost nothing.  I don't know if you've had
>the same experience or not.  I'm sure with really good hardware it wouldn't
>be much of a problem.

Memory memory, and more memory.  I ran VMWare on this box (P400 with 512Mb)
just fine, and I had been playing with a P500 with only 192Mb and was
running NT on top of Linux with no problems.  I'm going to take my current
XP box up to 768mb soon and see how VMWare likes 256 or so to it.

-- Bradley Miller