linux+ testing

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Fri Aug 29 07:48:31 CDT 2003

I obtained my Linux+ cert last year.

I had home experience on Linux, and I also used a book from McGrawHill
Osbourne, titled, appropriately, "Linux+ Certification Study Guide".

I was also interested in RHCE, but according to the RHCE testing website,
the closest place to take the RHCE test is, well, pick a U.S. Coastal
City bordering on an *ocean*.  California or New York, essentially.  I
didn't have the cash for both a trip to a U.S. Coastal City and the RHCE
certification, so I went for the more vendor and distro-neutral Linux+,
which is available through Sylvan Prometric right here in Kansas City.