A cheap place to find Monitors.

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Fri Aug 29 07:20:03 CDT 2003

I realize its been a few months since Steven Elling asked about monitors
for sale, but I thought I'd put in a word for one of my favorite thrift
stores, Community Senior Services at 67th and Nieman Rd.  They get a lot
of old computers and hardware in their store, and unlike most thrift
stores which try to price, for example, 1995 hardware at 1996 prices,
Community Senior Services usually operates on the "make me an offer"
system.

Now, you aren't going to find much better than 486 systems in there, but
they always seem to have at least five monitors for sale, and typically
at least one or two 15" monitors.  Depending on the age of the monitor,
you can expect to pay between $5 and $10 per monitor.  They also get
Macintosh stuff as well, including spare Mac monitors.  A PowerPC 2200 I
picked up there a few months ago went for $50, including the Apple
Laserwriter.

They do furniture as well, including computer desks.