Security Camera setup

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Aug 27 13:26:35 CDT 2003

At 01:41 PM 8/27/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>On Wednesday 27 August 2003 11:42 am, Bradley Miller wrote:
>
> > You can go Linux based and use a stand-alone camera like the Stardot
> > Technologies system, or the Axis models.   If it's for a dial-up location,
> > the Stardot models are a lot more reliable...
>
>What's a setup like that going to cost (note the deadbeat ex in the equation)?

Around $500 or so, depending on model.  I don't have the newest price
sheets in front of me.  If the person has a computer, has Linux on it, has
time to install and play with the drivers, and then time to play with
software and other stuff . . . sure there are cheaper alternatives.  Figure
time and costs and you'll find a hardware based solution very
attractive.  If your looking for cheap, grab an X10 camera and a VCR
hookup.   Cheaper still?  Rig up a cheap Walmart video camera ($29) to a
VCR and have a motion detector trip a programmable remote to start recording.

Bradley Miller, Owner/Programmer/Designer
AccessZone Design - www.accesszonedesign.com
Blue Springs, Missouri
Phone: 816-228-3814             Fax: 775-254-6162
Toll-free: 888-872-4420 ICQ: 48555780