Security Camera setup

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Aug 27 09:40:26 CDT 2003

I have a friend who's getting unauthorized "visits" from her deadbat ex.  I'd
like to set up a security camera that will capture the images of anybody who
comes and goes when she's not home.  I know that there are PC Cameras and
software packages that will use the camera as a motion detector and variously
post images to a web page or at least start recording.  Is anyone familiar
with these things?

Is there a package that will do this in Linux, and if so, what hardware do I
need?