Suggestions on best distro to install on this box.

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Tue Aug 26 17:24:30 CDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Chris Wagner wrote:

> Right now we have a Win2K box that I am considering installing Linux on
> (actually not considering - is a done deal, just need suggestions), but
> I'm not sure which distro might be the best for the need.

Mandrake is good.  It installs easy and just works.  I like Suse as well.
But redhat seemed funny when trying to update and install applications.
But for the ease of installing and using diverse multimedia applications,
I found there is no match for gentoo.

Is gentoo stable?  I think so:

http://uptime.netcraft.net/up/graph?site=coyote.dattaway.org