OT Sun hardware question

Mick Ohrberg mick at ohrberg.org
Sun Aug 24 03:42:35 CDT 2003

| The older sun connector is a 13w3. There are
| inexspensive adaptor cables that change the gender to
| vga. I have not seen one of those boxes you are
| talking about. Unless it also converts the sun
| keyboard and mouse connectors to ps/2. I have seen one
| of those at Chris Bodenheimer's house. Though I cant
| remember if it also converted the video to vga.

I know those converter boxes exist - I have one. Unfortunately, it's being
used. I use it to convert my Ultra 1's 13W3 video connector and
mouse/keyboard to regular 15-pin VGA and separate PS/2 mouse and keyboard
(for use with a 4-port KVM switch). It's called "GUARDIAN FOR SUN" (model
name is APSSUN), and it's manufactured by Raritan
(http://www.pcconnection.com/scripts/productdetail.asp?product_id=91195)

HTH

	/Mick