Bandwidth

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Aug 22 09:23:02 CDT 2003

On Thursday 21 August 2003 4:34 pm, Jason Clinton wrote:
> <head>
>   <DEFANGED_meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
> content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"> <title></title>
> </head>
> data on it compresses down to and how long it took to make a backup
> accross a 100 Mbit connection.</p>

I find the standard Usenet style of quoting using the ">" character much more
readable than the above, particularly since almost every mail reader can
detect it and format the text as I have set it to.

Could we go back to plain ASCII again?

A note of thanks to those who not only post interesting URL's, but also
summarise them.  Here at the edge of the pasture it's easier not to have to
dial up and wait for the page to load.