Microsoft Switches to Linux

Dre G. enabled at linuxjunkies.com
Wed Aug 20 06:01:40 CDT 2003

from your link

In the absence of windowsupdate.com the first stop of incoming requests
was the Akamai caching service which Microsoft uses. This runs on Linux,
hence Netcraft report a Linux host, but behind this the Microsoft
servers were still operational, hence the report of Microsoft IIS
running on Linux. So Microsoft isn't running Windows Update on Linux,
and although it's using a service provider that runs on Linux, those
services are still fielding back to Windows 2003 servers, clear?

so what helped protect the windows network (to a point) ?
a provider that runs what? did I hear linux? yes...

I guess I should have stated my point a little more clearly.
heh
The picture they paint just is not so.
Its not the all inclusive wonder package
Uber secure faster and cheaper.

linux has the ability to be flexible and diverse so people are more apt
in the security area to work with it whereas they are not with windows..

--
Dre G. <enabled at linuxjunkies.com>