Microsoft Switches to Linux

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Tue Aug 19 16:02:54 CDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Brian Densmore wrote:

> Anyway, as I was saying it shows that if you want
> a system that can robustly handle
> a DDOS attack ... run Linux.

I may be wrong, but I think the reason Akamai's network is less vulnerable to
DDOS has less to do with the fact that they are running Linux and more to do
with the architecture of their network.

Linux is not immune to DDOS attacks. It may be easier to build a distributed
network that is less vulnerable to DDOS using Linux than an MS product, it's
certainly cheaper.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

chmod failed.  Click here for movie help.
-- Steve Nordquist, Re: Max OS as a web server for the Army., 10/10/99