PHP/shell script

brad brad at ispn.net
Fri Aug 15 20:40:43 CDT 2003

Jonathan,

Thanks for the advice.  We have another newer platform that uses
Postfix/Mysql/Cyrus/SpamAssassin/SquirrelMail, but this particular
client doesn't want to pay for the "Advanced" features.  They are used
to cutting and pasting email addresses from spammers into an email and
sending it to me.  I then cut and paste it into /etc/mail/access.  Sort
of a backwards and losing approach to spam filtering I know, but that is
their choice and in their defense, this method is blocking 8,000-15,000
spam messages a day.  So, despite the good advice, I am going to have to
continue with this approach to lessen my load of having to cut and paste
from their email into the access file (now taking a good hour a day,
maybe 2 on Mondays).  On a side note, the only people that will
legitimately have access to this web page are administrators of the
company, not end users.

Thanks,

Brad