Without getting flamed, can someone answer me a question?

ismgr ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Fri Aug 15 14:03:49 CDT 2003

I was reading about the SCO deal and to be quite honest, I don't really
understand the argument.

That said, and not to cause a flame war, could one of you that is much
more familiar with this issue enlighten me?

I know a little of the history of Unix, but I haven't really done a lot
of research.

I'm trying to figure it out because I like Linux and the thought of
having to pay for it is as some type of service like Microsoft and every
other Windows vendor sells it anymore is really aggravating to me.

Not that it wouldn't be worth it, but the reason that I chose Linux was
because I could install it without the hassle of licensing issues like
you do with Windows.

I don't know if it's my own miseducation or just how this whole suite
sounds, but I don't want software as a subscription service.

Thanks, all.

Take care.

Chris