Anyone looking for a net admin job?

ismgr ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Thu Aug 14 19:57:28 CDT 2003

I talked with the executive director at this place this morning and
they're losing their network administrator very soon. The position will
be vacated after next week.

I happened to suggest that I was a subscriber to the LUG and that I
thought there quite a few guys on the list that are looking for work.

He was encouraged and I suggested he forward the job description so that
I could forward it on to you all.

So here it is. I really hope it works out for one of you. Wish I had the
experience, but couldn't come close to touching it.

Thought someone on here surely could.

Take care, all.

If you'd like to respond, send your resume with salary requirements to
crnjob at crn.org.

Chris

Community Resource Network
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Position Objective:
To successfully support the networks and services at  CRN and its
affiliates.  CRN is a nonprofit Internet Service Provider and
Application Service Provider that provides technology services to the
Kansas City nonprofit community.  Currently CRN has over 330 affiliate
agencies and has demonstrated success in enabling Kansas City nonprofit
affiliates to meet their missions by leveraging CRN technology solutions.
Key Responsibilities:

* Responsible for the operation and maintenance of CRN's LAN/WAN
network including PIX firewalls, Cisco routers & switches.
* Configure and maintain, on a daily basis, CRN's managed firewall
services for dial-up, ISDN, ADSL, T1, and various DMZ servers.
* Setup and troubleshoot various VPN access for CRN customers and
employees using a Cisco 3030 VPN concentrator.
* Install and configure customer's domains on TrendMicro's InterScan
Viruswall server for anti-virus and anti-spam protection.
* Implement TrendMicro's Interscan Web Manager web content filtering
suite to allow some customers to filter selected web content at
each of their sites.
* Utilize various network monitoring tools, Sitescope, MRTG, Network
Instrument's Expert Observer suite, and CiscoWorks, to maintain
the health of CRN's network as well as the networks of our customers.
* Work with customers to troubleshoot network problems.  Help to
determine where problems exist, whether it be with a backbone
provider, CRN, telecommunications or the client's equipment.
* Work with vendors regarding network/telecommunications repair at
CRN or client sites.
* Document all processes and procedures as well as all network and
server layouts.
* Work with various AIX Unix servers, E20, F50, and C10 models.
* Responsible for configuring and maintaining DNS servers.
* Primary network technologies used are dial-up, ISDN, ADSL, T-1,
and 10/100 MB Ethernet.
* Work 24/7 in an on-call type environment.

Qualifications:
This position requires a combination of education and experience
normally represented by a Bachelor's Degree and at least five years of
network/server experience.  Position requires strong networking and
troubleshooting skills as well as network design abilities. This
position also requires an individual to have:

*   Strong verbal and written communication skills.
*   Proficiency with Cisco PIX firewalls, routers, IDS, and switches.
*   DNS configuration and support in a UNIX environment with an
emphasis on AIX.
*   Experience with Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
*   The ability to troubleshoot network and server issues and be
adaptive to new products and services.
*   Effective organizational and prioritization skills to manage
concurrent projects and new customer installs as well as day to
day network support issues.
*   Independent action, initiative, and proficiency with Microsoft
applications.