Could use some help/suggestions.

ismgr ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Thu Aug 14 13:38:44 CDT 2003

Brian Kelsay wrote:

> ismgr wrote:
>
>> I need to come up with a decent POP server that is relatively
>> painless to implement (if one exists) on a Yellow Dog 3.0 install.
>>
>> Please keep in mind that you're responding to someone who hasn't done
>> it before for the most part.   :-)
>>
>> I would like to use a combo of Postfix and the POP, along with
>> Procmail to do some more serious low-level filtering of mail that
>> comes in.
>>
>> Can some of you comment on how you have your mail servers setup and
>> what methods you use to strip attachments?
>>
>> I have worked a little before on .procmailrc (I think that was the
>> name of the file), but it's been awhile.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Chris
>

> Chris, when you get done with your projects there (you seem to be
> implementing a lot of stuff), I for one would be interested in seeing
> a list of open source/free software you have been able to use and the
> approximate amount of time it took to emplement all these systems.
> Maybe a project summany and estimated savings.  This is liable to be a
> case study that others here could refer to in the process of
> implementing a similar setup at their places of business.  It's
> encouraging to see someone able to take on opensource in the business
> place and government where it could save the taxpayer money.
>
> Brian

I just want it to work and work well with a minimum of configuration
issues, so if I can even get it configured to work, fantastic.

It will only benefit the organization down the road.

Be happy to share my experience once I'm done, if I can account for the
time issue.

I've never been real great at keeping track of time.

I guess I'm just one of those types of people that has never felt the
need to keep track of my time, but I totally understand how this
undersells me and doesn't give the maximum of benefit to our office.

It's something that I'm trying to work on a bit harder. :-)

Take care.

By the way, if anyone has any great input on Cyrus IMAP installs, I'd
really appreciate any feedback.

The Cyrus-SASL rpm set comes with this issue of YDL, and I thought about
trying it out.

Thanks, all.

Chris