Could use some help/suggestions.

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Thu Aug 14 00:05:11 CDT 2003

ismgr wrote:

> I need to come up with a decent POP server that is relatively painless
> to implement (if one exists) on a Yellow Dog 3.0 install.
>
> Please keep in mind that you're responding to someone who hasn't done it
> before for the most part.   :-)
>
> I would like to use a combo of Postfix and the POP, along with Procmail
> to do some more serious low-level filtering of mail that comes in.
>
> Can some of you comment on how you have your mail servers setup and what
> methods you use to strip attachments?
>
> I have worked a little before on .procmailrc (I think that was the name
> of the file), but it's been awhile.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris

Chris, when you get done with your projects there (you seem to be
implementing a lot of stuff), I for one would be interested in seeing a
list of open source/free software you have been able to use and the
approximate amount of time it took to emplement all these systems.
Maybe a project summany and estimated savings.  This is liable to be a
case study that others here could refer to in the process of
implementing a similar setup at their places of business.  It's
encouraging to see someone able to take on opensource in the business
place and government where it could save the taxpayer money.

Brian

--
A Computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
-as seen on IRC