need to create a MS Word compatible document in Linux

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Aug 13 13:19:07 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 2:02 am, Jason Clinton wrote:

> Do yourself a favor and export it to resume in Acrobat 4.0 format --

Your point about inconsistency in Word is true - Word re-formats documents
based on the default printer as well.  This is why we have system-independent
mark-up languages like HTML is supposed to be, but people persist in saying
"but my text HAS to be PINK" and coming up with over-specifications that end
up having to be system dependent.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a flat requirement here for an MSWord .doc
file.  Identifying the specific problem might help others work around it.
(Hey, can you embed a PDF in a doc file?)