Hammer, screwdriver . . . (Was: Resume ? )

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Aug 13 11:35:10 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 8:09 pm, Bradley Miller wrote:

> I know there are a lot of "gotta be Linux" fans on here, but today's "how
> do I get this resumed into Word" messages have pointed out the glaring fact
> . . . you can't be 100% Linux and be compatible with the outside
> world.

You know, I don't believe we've established that yet, at least with this case.
RTF is an option, HTML should work, and PDF should work too.  The reason
ASCII text isn't working is probably that Word is using a proportional font
instead of fixed-space.

Linux solutions are, after all, the point of this list.  My Windows
installations have degraded to the point where I no longer use them.  I don't
want to put the time and effort into fixing them, especially as I don't want
to go down the road the Bill Gates is building with .NET and XP.