Hammer, screwdriver . . . (Was: Resume ? )

Tue Aug 12 21:17:26 CDT 2003

Bradley Miller wrote:
> I know there are a lot of "gotta be Linux" fans on here, but today's
> "how do I get this resumed into Word" messages have pointed out the
> glaring fact . . . you can't be 100% Linux and be compatible with the
> outside world.   There is a proper time and place for every tool, but
> telling people "you just take this hammer, run it through a grinder (per
> the FAQ and How-To) and viola . . . a hammer shaped wrench."
If you run KDE then there are default printers that will output it in
PDF.  I have never had a problem saving files from AbiWord or OpenOffice
into MS Word formatted documents.  I just don't do it.  I will send out
my docs in PDF more often than not. It helps prevent my docs getting
mucked with in redistribution, since most folks don't know how to muck
with PDFs
--
Truth is free, but information costs.