need to create a MS Word compatible document in Linux

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Tue Aug 12 21:32:24 CDT 2003

   Brian Densmore wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Holmes [[1]mailto:raymond at raymondholmes.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 2:48 PM
To: Greg Kedrovsky; Gary Hildebrand
Cc: KCLUG mailing
Subject: Re: need to create a MS Word compatible document in Linux

No. Nothing works.

Then you are doing it wrong. I frequently save OpenOffice documents
in Word format for the consumption of the unwashed masses. It
**always**
works for me. While it is true that there may be some special
formatting quirks between the two that sometimes makes some piece not
transform properly, I have yet to hit one
[with the exception of certain Linux specific fonts].

   In this office of 50, I work with OpenOffice when ever I can --
   everyone else uses MS Word. I always have problems. These mostly have
   to do with margins, floating text boxes, styled authoring, pagination
   and section breaks.
--
Just my three trits. GPG Finger Print:
7A81 0A2F 1ABE DC38 DABC  7C22 B2EE 2304 4A89 46BF