need to create a MS Word compatible document in Linux

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Aug 12 21:05:30 CDT 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ray Holmes [mailto:raymond at raymondholmes.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 2:48 PM
> To: Greg Kedrovsky; Gary Hildebrand
> Cc: KCLUG mailing
> Subject: Re: need to create a MS Word compatible document in Linux
>

> No. Nothing works.
Then you are doing it wrong. I frequently save OpenOffice documents
in Word format for the consumption of the unwashed masses. It
**always**
works for me. While it is true that there may be some special
formatting quirks between the two that sometimes makes some piece not
transform properly, I have yet to hit one
[with the exception of certain Linux specific fonts].

JMHO,
Brian