The relevance of grammar

Kris Bodenheimer numa at thenuma.com
Fri Aug 8 15:07:39 CDT 2003

There is a fundamental nature to email that many of us grew up on.  That
is, grammar, in an email, to a technical list, is truly meaningless.

Though I agree that proper grammar is a must when communicating with
clients, employers, etc.

Grammar in an email to a bunch of  computer nerds, truly DOES NOT MATTER.

I couldn't care less if people in the lug think my grammar is horrible.
I couldn't care less if people in the lug think I am ignorant.
I'm married and am no longer trying to use my computer skills to get laid.

Spell check does not belong in email.
<humor>
You are not your spell checker.
You are not your email.
</humor>
I am in the lug because I like helping other people.  I also believe
that there is still a bit of mentoring that HAS to occur in order to
bring up the next round of linux experts.

To sum up, the words Liberal Arts are NOT printed anywhere on my
engineering degree.

Some of us are so good, that we come to work in cut-off shorts, and a
wifebeater, and my clients in suits still suck up more than a convention
of vacuum cleaner salesman.

Kris