KCLUG - Disc Golf - Sunday at 3:00PM

Brandon Ward brandonward at kcpipeband.org
Wed Aug 6 20:44:35 CDT 2003

If you want to attend the disc golf game with the KCLUG this weekend and
you need to buy a disc, I would recommend buying one from the Total Gas
station at 47th and Mission Road.  The gas station is located just three
blocks south from Rosedale Park on the Northeast corner of the
intersection. The building has a white exterior and a bright red awning.
  They probably have the best selection of discs in the city and they
reasonably priced.  If you have never played disc golf before, all you
really need to buy is a driver. A good driver will only cost you $10 or
less.  You could also buy a putter if you like, but they are not
necessary unless you want to start playing on a regular basis.  Remember
that the discs used in this game are not the same as the recreational
Frisbee that you may have at your house.

Directions:

You may want to mapquest.com the address for better directions.  If
traveling Northbound on I-35, please note that the Mission Road exit is
closed, so use the Rainbow exit instead. (see #2 below)

Rosedale – Disc Golf Course

4100 Mission Road
Kansas City, Kansas 66103

1. From Airport (MCI) to Rosedale:

Take I-29 S which joins I-35 S to Exit 233, Mission Rd/Southwest Blvd.
Follow Mission Road to nearly the top of the hill, and turn right into
the park. Bear right to first tee by tennis courts.

2.  From I-35 N.  Proceed to Rainbow (Exit 234a). Take Rainbow to
Southwest Blvd (about 100FT), turn right. Heading W on Southwest Blvd,
go to the Detour sign (aprox. 1-2 miles). Go UNDER the overpass, and
stay right. Head up the ramp that is Mission Rd. Follow road to top of
hill, turn right into the park. Bear right to first tee by tennis courts.

If you need anymore information or want to know if I have any available
discs to borrow, please contact Jason Clinton or myself.

Thanks,

Brandon Ward
brandonward at kcpipeband.org