The List has returned!

Monty J. Harder lists at kc.rr.com
Wed Aug 6 01:05:48 CDT 2003

"mike neuliep" <mike at marauder.illiana.net> wrote:

> I've run sendmail on the box for years.  My green and highly intelligent
> partner wants to replace it with qmail.  On technical grounds I've not
> really found a good reason to not switch.

  That's exactly backwards.  You need to educate your =green= partner about
Newton's First Law, which applies in this context thusly:

It's his job to find sufficient good reasons =to= switch to overcome the
fact that you have something in place that's working.  If the alternative is
not demonstrably better, it's not worth the trouble to switch.