Work In KC Area?

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Sun Aug 3 03:40:37 CDT 2003

>I think you need to recheck your number because something is seriously
>wrong with the above statement.

You may call Scott Burnett, Director of Career Services, Vatterott College, Kansas City at
816-861-1000 and verify my numbers.

>My partner graduated in June with a bachelors in telecommunications management
>with a 3.47 GPA, has two years of system admin experience, and has sent out over
>thirty resumes and not gotten a call back on a single one. He has agressively followed
>up one week after submitting each of them to find one of three things:
>
>"The position was filled and there were hundreds of applicants"
>
>"The possition will not be filled -- we don't have any money"
>
>"There were so many applicants it will take us weeks to go through the
>resumes but if I manage to find yours in this massive stack, I'll remember
>that you called (yea, right)."

Your friend is doing something wrong.  Maybe he's an ass on the phone?

>Meanwhile, DeVry's career dept, the fuckers that produced these
>imaginary 98% placement lies to get more people sucked in to their three year program,

My stats don't come from DeVry.  It amazes me thier students get placed at all.  How do you turn
out an Electronics Engineer that's never used a soldering iron?  (for another debate)

I stand by my statement that attitude is everything.  If your's sucks then there's your answer.

Aaron