Dachstein - SBC DSL ?

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Fri Aug 1 20:24:36 CDT 2003

At 02:47 PM 8/1/2003 -0500, Brian Kelsay wrote:
May want closer to 16MB, but most of the floppy based firewalls are
supposed to work on 8MB.  Is your memory good?  You may want to run memtest
on it.  I probably have some memory that I could sell/trade/give you
depending on what it requires (Idon't throw old pc parts out).  I know I
have 72-pin SIMMs, but I think I gave all my 30-pin stuff away.

>There may also be an option with Dachstein to turn on an extra ram
>drive.  When I used Freesco there was an option in the setup to turn on 2
>extra RAM drives of 4MB each before you started extra services like
>webserver, ftp, print server, etc.  Maybe Mr. Steinkhuler will respond and
>enlighten us all.

I dug around in the chaos that is my "hardware boneyard" and found some
machines with 16 Mb in them.  I put in the 16Mb in to my router box and
it's still only booting up to 8 mb????  The motherboard is an old Gateway
2000  . . . does anyone know how to get it to go into the configuration so
I can set my memory size?   (I think it's odd that it didn't recognize it .
. . )