Gateway?

Brad Crotchett brad at ispn.net
Wed Nov 27 18:28:27 CST 2002

Ditto.  This is exactly how I do it at home and I have a mix of Linux and
my wife's windows box behind the router.  The protection, and functionality
are great, and I swear that surfing is faster on the windows box with the linux
router/firewall in between it and the modem.  Not drastically, but noticeably.
The only problem I encountered was MAC address authentication with Comcast.
Since I first hooked the windows box up to the modem, that is the MAC address
on comcast's record and the only one allowed.  So now they just think my linux
router is the windows box <spoof>!

Brad