RedHat 8.0 Thumbs Up

Peter Amisano pamisano at kc.rr.com
Fri Nov 15 14:15:14 CST 2002

   what type of system is everyone running redhat x on?  I have an amd
   500 w/384m ram and 80gig hd.  The command line, obviously runs great,
   however, the gui is quite slow.  I am fairly new to linux, about 2
   years experience, but I would think an amd 500 with over 256m memory
   should run a little smoother.

   any hints, tips, tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

   Thx,

   Pete