ubench speed test results

Lucas Peet sirsky at lucastek.com
Thu Nov 14 20:11:04 CST 2002

>Note the performance is slightly less than previously...probably due to

>using the -O2 default rather than -O3.

Not so!  Well, probably not.  I ran ubench on my system 4 times
consecutively, and each one was different.  I believe it partly has to
do with processes already running on your box, but also the inconsistent
nature of benchmarks.  I think that all the online 'reviews' of systems
with benchmarks should run them a few times, and take the highest score,
since obviously the hardware is capable of higher, but the circumstances
at the time weren't quite right for the optimal score.

-Lucas