extreme programming?

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Fri May 31 19:33:00 CDT 2002

This is one of the unfortunate things about Extreme Programming, IMHO. It
has a lot of potential benefits, but for me the name conjures up images of
someone hanging over the side of a cliff wearing rollerblades, typing away
at a keyboard.  Its abbreviation (XP) collides with several Microsoft
product names.  Hopefully this won't slow its adoption.

BTW, I picked up a copy of "Extreme Programming Explained" (ISBN
0201616416) a while back, and it's an excellent introduction to the
subject.  I can bring it to the next meeting if anyone wants to glance
through it.

I just wish that there were a clean way do do regression testing for GUI
applications.  Gerd (http://www.gtk.org/~timj/gerd/) looks interesting,
but it appears to have been abandoned.