off-topic: phone hangups

The Morleys morley at cheerful.com
Fri May 31 00:48:49 CDT 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 09:54 am, JD Runyan wrote:
> I spent 2 weeks as a telemarketer, and the best thing I learned was how to
> stop getting calls.  The no-call lists are a waste of our tax money.  You
> simply need to tell the person on the other end of the phone to put you on
> thier "do not solicit list"  This is a federal law, so it doesn't matter
> what state you are in.  The call center must remove from all of thier lists
> in 90 days, and the merchant must remove you from all of thier lists in the

YES!! I can vouch for this method. This is exactly what we did about two
years ago.  We went from about 5 calls a day to maybe five calls a year now.
I'm not even sure we get five a year.  You have to be very quick when you
tell them this.  Don't say yes or no to any questions they ask.  Simply wait
for them to stop and say "Put me on your do not call list."  It's kinda fun
to hear them moan and groan when they say okay because they know they have to
comply.  I've had a couple try to tell me they have no control over the call
list but when I remind them them of the law and ask for their information
they suddenly remember how to put me on the list.
If you want more info about this go to www.junkbusters.com.  They have a ton
of resources for getting rid of junk calls and mail.

timm