off-topic: phone hangups

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.org
Thu May 30 12:08:58 CDT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, I am Spartacus wrote:

> 6 months ago i started receiving a couple of calls just about every day

I work the night shift, so I was motivated to solve this problem for good.
Its hard to describe the need to be in touch, yet getting sensless calls a
dozen times a day.  I called SWB and told them why I was cancelling my
service.  They claimed they do not sell information.  Sounds believable to
me.  Private number, don't give it to anyone, yet they know my name.  Uh
huh...  Since privacy laws don't seem to apply to SWB, they *do* apply for
cell phones.

Abusing telemarketers was starting to cause problems.  Even though I knew
I struck a nerve with one of them (great satisfaction,) he retaliated
against me by having my long distance cancelled for "fraud" that night.
Bastard.  Its best that worthless gutter scum don't know my personal
information.

I now save money and time with a cell phone.  And I can take my calls
anywhere.  Problem solved.

Perhaps one of these days, spammers will be easier to track down.  I do
like to travel in my free time...

--
-=Duane
0x00F4  Kansas City, Missouri