off-topic: phone hangups

Don Pfister ka0jlf at earthlink.net
Thu May 30 03:42:44 CDT 2002

You know you bring up a good point. I originally got caller id to improve my modem
use, seems the caller id requires a better phone signal - which just happened to
help the dialup.

Since I now have a cable modem connection, the only use of the caller id is to see
if we really want to talk - or maybe more importantly to see who the hang ups are.
Often older family members won't leave a message, so we can tell if we have to call
mom. ;-)