Linux Gateway and POP3

ald ald at dovienya.net
Wed May 29 17:33:18 CDT 2002

Hi.

I'm trying to setup a Linux computer as a gateway for Windows clients.
I enabled masquerading and forwarding for the local network, and things
work pretty well (people can web-browse, use AIM, ftp, so on), but they
can't check their pop3 email accounts.  I have Roadrunner, and am using
their off-site pop-server (pop-server.kc.rr.com:110).

I've picked up that for whatever reason that particular service isn't
forwarded with everything else.  I'm curious about why that is, but more
so on ways to fix it.  Are there any Linux apps that'll serve as
gateways for pop3 transfers?

~Adam Davis