Toshiba Satellite RH install (taking the plunge 2)

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.org
Fri May 24 16:14:36 CDT 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002, J. Mike Needham wrote:

> meeting and I will 1) trade for copies with Blank CDRs
> or 2) can bring blank CDRs to make copies.    Please

It would take me a few hours to download and burn these if you live near
the plaza...  CD's a dime a piece seem to be growing on trees, so no
payback is needed.

> Now to the issue at hand.  Under RH 7.2, I can not
> seem to get the video to work.   This is a Toshiba
> Satellite 1805-S207 which has a 16MB Trident
> CyberBlade ALi Display.  (Not even accelerator proper,

Here's a page with someone who has done it with your model and RH7.2:

http://home.attbi.com/~sfricke/toshiba/

He states you will need to install XFree 4.2 to work with this new
chipseet, which also can be burned to CD.

--
-=Duane
0x00F4  Kansas City, Missouri