Toshiba Satellite RH install (taking the plunge 2)

J. Mike Needham graphicguy062 at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 13:29:03 CDT 2002

Hello again:

I am first of all needing to apologize for the blank
message that will undoubtedly be distributed to the
list.  I apparently sent it before I even typed the
subject in ;-)  First cup of coffee and all :-D

It ends out that I have had to settle for RH 7.2 for
now as the only versions of 7.3 are the $200 pro
version at MicroCenter right now.  Therefore, I am
hoping I could prevail upon someone on the list who
comes to the meetings and has a very fast connection
and/or the original disks to bring them to the June 6
meeting and I will 1) trade for copies with Blank CDRs
or 2) can bring blank CDRs to make copies.    Please
let me know.

Now to the issue at hand.  Under RH 7.2, I can not
seem to get the video to work.   This is a Toshiba
Satellite 1805-S207 which has a 16MB Trident
CyberBlade ALi Display.  (Not even accelerator proper,
low end ;-)  at any rate, I was happily configuring my
X server in the install and saw that they indeed have
other Toshiba models listed, but since I am not sure
if any of them have my display, I was hoping that one
of you might know what server I should load.

Many Thanks,

=====
J. Mike Needham
Olathe, Kansas USA