AOL - High Speed Cable

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.org
Tue May 21 19:33:10 CDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002, chuckx wrote:

> One significant difference between the Road Runner and Earthlink services is
> that with Road Runner you can get up to 4 DHCP assigned IPs, but with

I wish RR could reconfigure *my* modem so I could have more than one IP.
It would have been handy last week when installing gentoo on my other
laptop.  Nothing like the nostalgia of surfing the net with lynx.  :D

At the dhcp allowed me to still have the same IP address after all that
fun.  This is my cablemodem page that I think tells me the maximum number
of IP's I can have:

Operation Configuration
Network Access: Enabled
Maximum Downstream Data Rate: 2.00 Mb/s
Maximum Upstream Data Rate: 0.38 Mb/s
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst: Not Present
Modem Capability: Concatenation Disabled
Software Upgrade File Name: /3com_29220_v01_21v.bin
DHCP server IP Address: 10.62.54.197
Maximum Number of CPEs: 1
                       ^^^
          that is the number I think would be great if it was 4.
--
-=Duane
0x00F4  Kansas City, Missouri