AOL - High Speed Cable

chuckx chuckx at cold-sun.com
Tue May 21 19:15:15 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 09:39:48AM -0500, Gene Dascher wrote:
> I had a friend sign up with Earthlink High Speed Access (i.e. Road Runner)
> that was $5/mo cheaper than Time Warner was offering.  I don't know if the
> upload/download speeds were any different, but he seems happy with it.

The price difference is actually $3 ($41.95 as opposed to $44.95).  It's a
promotional offer by Earthlink, similar to how you can now get the first 3
months of Road Runner service at half price.

The bandwidth caps are the same for Road Runner, Earthlink and AOL. All the
modems on the network are maintained and configured by TWCKC.  The caps for
all residential internet services are 2 megabits downstream and 384 kilobits
upstream.

One significant difference between the Road Runner and Earthlink services is
that with Road Runner you can get up to 4 DHCP assigned IPs, but with
Earthlink you are limited to 1.  On the other hand, with Earthlink, you have
unlimited access to their dial-up network.

--
- chuckx | Charles K. Lee II -
- chuckx at cold-sun.com -