Everest [WAS: AOL - High Speed Cable]

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Tue May 21 13:55:31 CDT 2002

FYI,
I was looking at the Acceptable Use Policy (link on
http://www.everestgt.com/customerservice.html) and noticed this:

--------------
Customer may not run a server in connection with the Everest cable modem
recreational service, nor may Customer provide network services to others
via the Everest cable modem service. Examples of prohibited programs
include, but are not limited to, mail or simple mail transfer protocol
(smtp) server, http server, ftp server, internet relay chat (irc) server,
dynamic host control protocol (dhcp) servers, domain name servers (dns),
news or nntp servers and multi-user interactive forums.

Although it doesn't say anything about VPN access, so it seems better than
Comcast right off!

Gene