for the GENTOO crowd

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed May 15 17:00:33 CDT 2002

I had the same problem. It comes from doing something wrong. Still don't
know what I did wrong.
Basically it is a fault of not getting everything into the chroot
directory. What I did, fuzzy, was open a second terminal and copied the
files I needed from the boot disk into the chroot directory. You are
probably missing a bunch of executables and the make.config file and
possibly others. It's been a while, since I did it. You need to read the
instructions very carefully, and follow them very closely. There is very
little room for mistakes. I would print off the instructions from the
web site, plus any links. Also the user forum is excellent.

HTH,
Brian