2 phone lines

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Tue May 7 15:21:58 CDT 2002

Bradley's advice about disconnecting at the demarcation point and using
a known good telephone is right on.

We have had a lot of rain lately - some of it may have gotten into the
cables.  I had this problem when I lived in central OP.  To check for
this, hit several buttons to clear dial tone and listen for any static
or cross-talk.  It should be very quiet.

Do this test now, and again with only the known good phone connected to
see if there is any difference.

If you hear noise, call the phone company and have them switch you to
another pair.