high-speed access question

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Wed May 1 19:36:20 CDT 2002

> Sure do!  They cap the downstream speed around 3,000.  Don't know what the
> upstream speed is, never hit the cap, but I hear it's there around 384 or
> 512.  Currently, if they're capping, it's well above the promised speed.

My service - basic service, they cap download at 1.5, and upload at 768.
That's what I get for $40/mo with no contract.  Still fast as all hell
though.  Just wish they were more reliable.  It seems at least 3 times per
month they're having problems, and there are a slew of tickets on their
network status site.  Almost always just for the KC Metro area, too.  This
morning, for instance.  My up and down speeds were between 2.5k and 3.5k -
when it wasn't timing out all together.

-Lucas